September 24, 2010

Malaysia Day Nuptials

Red and gold was the order of the day for this lovely couple.

The Flourist met A&G we did in May. They were MOST taken up with the eggplants and the limes that we used in the deco for that wedding, and sought us out for some decoration assistance. 

A&G were getting registered and wanted some simple enhancements for the groom to be's home where the deed was to be done ;)

So, I went a rummaging in my bag of tricks and found these brilliant baubles. Who says they must only be used at christmas time I say! These were really nice ones (none of the gold dust laden ones thank you) and were not being used any longer, and so I adopted them some months ago waiting for the right opportunity to use them - and voila! I thought it would be cool considering the bride was catholic, the groom hindu, and they were being engaged on Malaysia Day! (yes for those of you who are unaware, in addition to the 26 days of holiday Malaysia already has, they fought for yet another!)
The groom's home had these very convenient wooden roof supports that were begging to be adorned - and far be it from The Flourist not to oblige ;) So up they went at the entrance of the home, and there were some hung inside the house.

I also used the large crab claw plant (heliconia). These are loud and big (a little like yours truly) so even if they cost a bit more, we did not have to use very much to achieve maximum impact. (that is a tip just in case you missed it those of you on a budget ;) )
We then did simple table arrangements for the registry table and little extra interest points around the house using mainly chrysanthemums and local blooms.

Unusually I am having trouble with some of the other photos I took, so once I solve it I promise I will bare all. Till then, enjoy these prize shots by Suthesh Nathan budding photographer, soon to be papa, and friend of the groom.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

AA, luvd d idea using d christmas decor 4 d nuptials... agree 100% wit u, it makes it simple & elegent... keep inspirin us amateurs !...