September 13, 2010

Cuddling up to cosy weddings

Finally someone with a bit of sense. The couple were already married in Germany, and were in Malaysia for the next set of events. A stroke of genius-ness meant that the wedding was planned in the bride's home which was big and spacious enough to hold about 200-300 people - yes people that is a cosy wedding - ceylonese style ;) Believe me - it is a far cry from the 1000 - 1500 normal guest count ok - which made for very pleasant eating and merry-making - again a huge difference from the norm where most people leave as the Thali (symbol of marriage according to the hindu custom) is being tied so as not to have to wait to stuff their gutts - why guests do this is beyond me - I mean it is not like they have been made to fast the morning and night before like the bride and groom right? anyhow, I digress....

The theme was red, fuschia and orange - and yes fans of my lanterns will be happy to know they made an appearance at this merry-making event. Though this time the family rented quite a lot of the decorative items from me, and decorated the area themselves. TheFlourist was only responsible for the massive flower balls with carnations which were placed at the foot of the dais on a black vase, and the table arrangements which were a mix of green foliage, gerberas and chrysanthemums.



The family swing took centre stage as the bridal seat, and at the family's request we decorated it with jasmine strands.

Simple-ly striking - just like the bride who although I did not get to see her all dressed up, I am sure looked a vision that day.

These photos are once again my saaaaad attempts at photography - when I get the professional ones I will put those up ;)






1 comment:

no name said...

Hey AA,

Just saw this. Love the story telling.
Again, thank you for the beautiful work! xxx